life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Climbing and plummeting

The mercury climbs. My motivation plummets. My laundry spins. Welcome to Wednesday on the other side of the world!

Random thoughts for today:

  • how is it possible to get a cold when it's so freakin' hot?
  • if I have to keep getting up early to go for a run before the thermometer hits 30, I'll be a sleep-deprived, humourless, nap-needing fool
  • why would anyone think skiing in this weather?
  • is Sydney tapwater safe to drink? should I be a poser and buy bottled (that usually ends up being from some inner-city water supply anyway)?
  • am I comfortable being challenged?
  • a whole new world of sushi making has opened up for me as of this past weekend
  • does britney spears -- sorry, mrs. federline -- really think that anyone takes her seriously?
  • can one person really sleep, eat, drink, relax, work, and play in the same small space?
In the space of a few short days, I've gone from needing a wee warm up with the space heater to nearly needing a fan. Ahhh, my love-hate relationship with Sydney weather flourishes. And what's with the dust?! It looks like I'm living in an old attic, with dust piled high and nobody really paying attention. Contrary to what I recently heard from my gorgeous sister Sonia, I think the more time you spend at home, the more you actually don't notice the dust, the dirt, the mess, and the rest. She figures you notice them more when you're at home all the time, but I beg to differ -- or at least I appear to be more comfortable wallowing in my pig pen than she is in hers. I think her approach is far healthier, to be honest!

How frustrating is it that I hear all these great songs on the radio (yes, I'm a big Nova fan), but often have absolutely no idea who's singing them? That's very unlike me, at least in my other life. Yes, it seems to be a whole new world of blissful ignorance for me in many respects. Not so sure I like it, but I'm coping with it. At least I still know I'm a faithful student of popular culture and would feel comfortable matching wits with any average joe citizen. Ya, like that's gonna get me a job...

Very exciting life I'm leading at the moment. The agenda tonight revolves around the fact that The Panel is on, sadly indicative of the richness of my life at the moment : )

On the scarier-than-shit side, I actually had someone post a comment on my first blog. Bless her little heart for sending her greetings and well wishes. My faith in humankind now happily restored, I can tend to my spinning laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home