life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

A couple of days to go yet

As if my sporadic posting on Canada's Olympic glory wasn't irresponsible lame enough, I have to admit that it probably ain't gonna get much better in the next while.

I'm so freakin' busy at work that I've become a basket case. My friend Lucky even tells he half-jokingly that he doesn't want to be around me. But I can't help it -- I'm hooped! I just lost my entire staff of one, thereby leaving me as a department of one. I've had to assume that person's duties, plus other additional administrative duties due to a restructuring that has resulted in the loss of another position. Not all of the rights to do those administrative tasks haven't yet been bestowed upon me, meaning that I have to get other people to do some of the things that I'm expected to do, but can't. Tear Down is fully and completely upon us (and I'm waaaay behind in getting ready for that), and there are some major logistical changes involved this time that me and my colleagues are not completely at ease with. I'm dealing with a nightmare of a business supplier that makes me wonder how anyone can conduct business without any kind of integrity or professionalism. I'm considering a job change that may or may not eventuate, depending on what someone at Head Office things. And I haven't been sleeping well lately.

Am I excused yet for my lame behaviour?

But now back to the Olympics, where Canada is still going strong. 20 medals total? Unbelievable! How 'bout that gold medal for the Canadian men curlers, eh? And that gold - silver finish for Klassen and Groves in the women's 1500m speedskating. Ni-i-i-i-ce! I can't believe I considered Cindy's earlier performance a bit disappointing, cuz she's earned a stunning 4 medals in these Games, a best-ever result by any Canadian. Combined with her bronze from Salt Lake, this makes Cindy our most decorated Olympian ever with a gold, two silvers and two bronzes. Ni-i-i-i-ce!

And a couple of days to go yet. Just like our time in San Diego. God, I can't wait until Tear Down is over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home