life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

I'm back

OK, it's official: I'm back.

My fitness still kinda sucks, but I've gone for 5 -- count 'em, 5!! -- runs in the past 12 days. That counts as being back in the groove. Or at least on the road to fitness. Or at least in the game. Regardless, I went for a run today with 50/70, a colleague of mine. Both of us would have bailed if the other wasn't there to suffer together offer support. We drove to La Jolla Cove and ran along the coast, a course I discovered on my own last weekend.

I'm incredibly embarrassed to say that the past two times I've run on my own, I stopped and walked for a minute or two. And that's something I've NEVER let myself do in the past. Obviously it's an indication of my complete lack of mental strength these days.

Today, however, I felt strong. 50/70 is a good running buddy for me, and it was just enough to make me soldier on and feel like I have something to build on. Unlike the past two times on my solo runs, I didn't feel like I would die at the end of 10 40 minutes.

It's a very slight shift in the landscape, but an important one. Now I just gotta stick with it through the next few weeks and make sure I don't find excuses to skip runs.

Readers: feel free to ask if I've gone for a run lately. I'm sure if you all gently remind me, I'll succumb to the peer pressure feel more motivated!

1 Comments:

  • Looks like were both trying to take better care of ourselves. Keep it up!

    By Blogger dantallion, at 1:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home