life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Secure and social

I'm secured. I'm socially secured in the United States, that is. I, along with a whole bunch of other non-American circus freaks, went to the US Social Security Office yesterday to register for Social Security so I can get paid while I'm here in the US. The process was a bit comical at times, but it ended up all good. I'm secured. And I'm social. But we already knew that.

Afterwards I went driving around a bit, just to see this lovely city of San Diego. I didn't get too far, when I saw in front me a Pier 1 Imports clearance centre. Imagine my excitement at having stumbled across this bit of good fortune, after having broke the bank buying a few things for my lounge last week at a regular Pier 1 Imports store.

But, alas, I wasn't charmed with the selection inside. If I had found it a couple of weeks ago, it may not have been picked clean. But as it was, I didn't walk out with any new exciting finds.

Walked around Balboa Park for a wee bit, then went and checked out a few 2nd-hand shops in Hillcrest. Had a bite to eat. It was a very relaxing day off work. But back at it today. Lots to do, lots to do. But first, I'll enjoy the drive to site that meanders along the La Jolla seafront and up into Del Mar. I started using this route the other day, cuz it's so much more relaxing than taking the I-5. Ugh, who needs just another highway?!

Ciao.

3 Comments:

  • Allo J-F, I really enjoy your real stories, I hope I will find more detailed ones soon. I will go to your past ones as I only read few so far.
    Cheers Mate !
    Luc
    xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:44 p.m.  

  • We have a Pier 1 Imports clearance center here and I don't even bother any more. It galls me the $$$ they try and get for broken furniture.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:23 p.m.  

  • It's freakin' cold here today. San Diego sounds like heaven right about now.

    By Blogger dantallion, at 6:16 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home