life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Friday, January 20, 2006

"A" "B" "C" markets

The lounge has never looked better. The big bosses from Montreal said it looked terrific, in fact. I'm proud of some of the new touches I've added, and the fact that I'm trying to add aesthetic elements that make it feel more cozy and intimate. My goal is to add texture, shape and layers, and it's happening. Slowly, but surely, it's happening. When I see something that might work, I like envisioning what aesthetic effect it would add. And then I try it.

Sometimes I don't know exactly what I'm going to do with something when I get it (case in point: I still haven't figured out the best use of my red silk organza fabric), but other times I know precisely how something will fit into my Big Lounge Picture. Last night, for instance, I pointed out to my immediate boss some of the new items I picked up the other day at Pier 1 Imports. She agreed that they looked great and added to the effect in the lounge through their varied shape, size and height.

"Ya, I picked them for the exact reason that they add dimension and differentiation," I told her. "I do have an eye for these things ya know. After all, don't forget that I have the gene."

I'm happy how the Premiere went. But it kinda sucked having to work the Premiere Party. I didn't get to enjoy a drink until the party in my lounge was over and I headed to the after-party party at 2:00AM.

And I ask you: when was the last time I waited until 2:00AM to have my first drink?!? Never, I tell you. Never! I'm usually drunk and awkwardly hitting on someone by then! But someone had to work the party, I suppose. Still, it was disappointing heading to the after-party party and seeing that some of the people I wanted to have a drink with had already left. That's the reality of the Premiere Party in smaller North American markets, while in larger markets, they have their parties off-site.

Damn. Now I really wish we were hitting some "A" markets this tour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home