life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Deja Vu

Last night was fun. I went out to a couple of bars and listened to some stunning music -- the best from the '80's, '90's and the noughts. I cut a rug at both Badlands and The Bar on Castro, and just had fun (and a few too many beers).

This morning, I fought a bit of a headache as I hit the road on my way to points south. I hugged the coastline and saw some absolutely spectacular scenery. Like a cliche come to life, each corner yielded a view that was even more spectacular than the last. And with the number of twists and turns on Highway 101, that's saying a lot!

The California coastline is rugged and reminds me a lot of the Great Ocean Road. It was weird thinking that I was half a worl d away from the south coast of Australia, but seeing scenery that was markedly similar. Holy deja vu, Batman! It was breathtakingly perfect weather, too, and it all made for a terrific day of driving. I ended up in Santa Barbara, as per my plan for the day, and I'm just relaxin' and hangin' out as I look forward to the last day of the Road Trip tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home