life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Bust my buttons

I've been in Ottawa since Dec. 21, spending Christmas with the family. I remember in 1993 -- the last time I was in Ottawa in Wintertime -- telling myself I never wanted to return in Winter again. It's not quite so bad this time 'round, but being greeted by my parents and brother was certainly offset by the -18C temperature when I first stepped out of the airport terminal building. Zoiks!

Since then, however, it's warmed up and hasn't been quite so bad. Christmas was good, and my wee nephew T. was well worth watching as he alternated as present delivery boy and present opener. My Dad always used to say, "Christmas is for kids," a fact that isn't lost on me.

I fly home to Vancouver tomorrow, but first we have a day with T. today, including going to a dragon-themed play at the local theatre. I'll miss that little fella when I'm gone. But the good news is that I'll get to see him when I'm back here for 7 weeks in May/June. And when his parents asked who he wanted to babysit him on Friday when they go to a Senators game, wee T. answered "Uncle Jeff." Well, if that didn't bust my buttons! Unfortunately, I leave Thursday : ( But it's still nice to have the vote of confidence.

Did I mention that I bought T. and I matching silk robes from Thailand? Sooo cute!

I was invited to the home of the Brackendale Couple and their kids for dinner last night. They treated me to a terrific appetizer of a 5-layer dip (even better than the 7-layer dip at Citta's!). Yummy! Dinner was a delicious pork tenderloin in maple and orange sauce. Double yummy! And of course, the traditional chocolate fondue for dessert. Triple yummy! Mmmmmm, home cooking is so nice -- my Dad's tortiere most certainly included!

Last night the Brackendale Couple and I tried to make a drunken, collect phone call to Evil, the Whistler Tequila Queen. No luck, but perhaps today it's worth trying to contact her partner in tequila crime, a certain Luscious Lorna. After all, isn't it someone's birthday today?

4 Comments:

  • A birthday toast! A Friday afternoon double long island to Luscious Lorna! (don't forget to keep your straws)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 a.m.  

  • Thanks muffin!
    Hope all is well in Vangroovy!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:25 p.m.  

  • Yay to Long Islands and a massive collection of straws!!!

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 8:16 p.m.  

  • So someone living in that city who doesn't see much sun is an Otta 'wan'?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home