life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Ovah

There were some short tempers today. There were some unhappy people. There was a fairly early (8am) start after a late night of packing and loading last night. I took direction well. I provided some comic relief for Ladybug as we struggled to fit a huge amount of stuff into a sea container. I climbed up, over, around, and even through. I pulled, pushed, shoved, yanked, dragged, lifted, and dropped things. I danced and sang and acted a bit silly. I suffered from a definite lack of sleep. I learned a bit about US customs requirements that I didn't know. I met a woman who looks an awful lot like a man. I had a great barbequed burger for lunch. And I enjoyed several cans of Coke. I laughed, I cried....well, you know.

But the important thing is that we're finished. It was a bit later than expected, but it's all done. Yippee!! And that means that I am officially on holidays until January 11. Yippee again!! Which also means that my flight to Vancouver must be coming up.....tomorrow. Triple yippee!!

And now I'm showered and ready to head to the home of Laid Back Guy and One World Gal to enjoy a bottle of wine and one last visit before leaving Honkers.

The other day, San Diego Gal asked me if I could live here. Quite honestly, I don't know if that would be good in the long term, but I could certainly give it a go for a defined period of time. Like, say, two years or so. My friend Lucky said he couldn't, but I think I could. There's just something about this place that feels good. Sure, there are a lot of weird bits, but overall it's pretty cool. And compared to Singapore, for instance, it kicks.

I'll really miss Hong Kong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home