life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

51 hours

Despite the fact that I've been playing with my new laptop and iPod all morning (well well into the night last night), it's now time to bid the world adieu and venture off into that zone known only as....

Tear Down mode

Due to noise limits at our site in Hong Kong, we aren't allowed to use any forklifts at night, so we've had to alter our normal procedure to accommodate. When we close the lounge after intermission, the guests will head to the Big Top and we'll start dismantling everything. I mean it. Ev. Ree. Thing.

Nurse Girl and I are fairly well-placed, because we don't usually need to use forklifts to get our road cases and such into our container. Our colleagues rely on them much more, because they have heavier things to move. But seeing as how they can't use them tonight.....they're coming to help us with our Tear Down.

We can only work until midnight -- again because of noise limits and site agreements, etc. If all goes well, we'll actually be done by then anyways, and Nurse Girl and I will come in on Saturday to help the other groups with their loads. We've never done a daytime Tear Down before, so it will be interesting to actually see what we're doing for a change. Should be good, unless it's a million degrees outside and we end up with sunburns.

All I know is that I jump on a plane i just over 51 hours. How stoked am I?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home