life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Simply the Best

When I was back home in August, I had such an amazing time. Any trip to The 'Couv is amazing, but that one was particularly great because it was the first trip home since starting my circus gig.

Oh, who am I kidding? That had nothing to do with it at all. It's just always spectacular being home, and Vancouver is, without any doubt, my home. Back in August, I was still struggling with life as a circus nomad. To be honest, I still struggle with it to some degree, and probably will as long as I tour. But back in August, I was having transitional challenges that were causing me a considerable amount of grief. Happily, things are much better now!

Back in August, after I left The 'Couv to head to work in Singapore, I compiled a list of some of the best things about my trip home. I never ended up publishing the list because getting access to the internet in Singapore was somewhat tortuous problematic. But I just found this unpublished post and it got me even more wildly excited to be heading home again this time. To revisit, here is that post from last August that outlines some of the best components of that trip home.


Highlights aren't just for hair. They're also for return trips home. Here are some of mine:

  • Second Beach Pool
  • Drinking with Suzie
  • Heck, drinking with Sin-dee, Patsy, Willy, everyone!
  • The West Best End
  • Seeing awesome friends and family
  • The spectacular weather
  • Getting my Jeep on the road again
  • Driving my Jeep with the top down
  • Meeting Soccer Boy
  • Dropping in on people at my old office and seeing the looks on their faces
  • Bellinis!
  • Having all my crap in one place again (for the first time in nearly 2 years)
  • Shopping at Old Navy and the Gap (note: The Republic was a major disappointment and may no longer be my retailer of choice)
  • The view of everything from North Vancouver
  • My parents flying in from Ottawa to turn the tables and surprise me, for a change
  • The simple pleasure of driving, which I've really missed
  • Seeing people's reactions when I tell them I'm a circus freak now
  • Men in shorts
  • Walking around Stanley Park
  • English Bay in all its glory
  • Samurai Sushi!!
  • Going to Fountainhead Friday twice!
  • The feeling of simply belonging again

Ahhh, good ol' Vancouver. Can't wait to be there again. This afternoon at 2:55PM can't come soon enough!

3 Comments:

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 p.m.  

  • Also:

    -MEC
    -The beautiful people at Earl's
    -Granville Market
    -Microbrews galore
    -1.5 hrs to Whistler, 45min to Squamish

    Damn, I miss the west coast...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:58 a.m.  

  • Caro: love the Subeez pics!! Can that really have been back in August?!

    Jas: amen. And my West Coast includes Brackendale! And on my way from the airport yesterday, I noticed there's even a new MEC on the north shore.

    Gotta love YVR!

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 9:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home