life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Safe, sound, and satisfied

Today's drive was easy and short. I arrived in La Jolla mid-afternoon, checked into my suite, and marvelled at the magnificent quality of the accommodation. After terrible accommodations in Adelaide, anything is better, but I'm happy to say that this is most certainly the best quality I've been faced with in my 5 cities of shared accommodations thus far.

The suite is huge, it's decked out with all the amenities (including in-suite laundry -- yay!!!), has two patios that look out onto the pool, with free wireless internet, and is immaculately clean. I took the second bedroom so I could leave the master for my new roommate, but it's not a problem -- the second bedroom is big enough, with a walk-in closet and bathroom that's recessed out of the main living area and is nearly an ensuite. In fact, this second bedroom is pretty much the equivalent of a master in most of the other places I've stayed thus far.

Now to get settled....I'm already doing laundry, and am thinking about driving to the supermarket -- in my car!! It's so nice to have my car with me on tour!! Yup, I gotta get stocked up with some breakfast food, snacks, and maybe some Scotch for cocktail hour. Although without Suzie to keep me company, I'm not sure how I'll cope having cocktails on my own.

Nevertheless, this is one smokin' place. With cloudless skies, on-tour wheels, and wicked accommodation, I think La Jolla is gonna be the bestest city ever!

2 Comments:

  • Glad to hear you arrived safe and suond and happy. Sounds like you're going to have an awesome few months on the west coast.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:41 a.m.  

  • Luscious: so....when are ya coming to visit? Should I bank on Nashville? Raleigh? I suppose it will have to be after THE BIG RACE, n'est pas?

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 8:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home