life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Crazy

Today is the last day of the big ol' road trip. It should be a nice leisurely drive from Santa Barbara to La Jolla, so here's hoping. The weather is sunny and will warm up to about 73F (not sure what the equivalent is in Celcius), so it's certainly Summerish weather.

.....and I just realized that my blog posts have been extremely boring of late. Nevertheless, y'all know where I am and that I'm safe and sound. And that gives me peace of mind.

And on a completely unrelated topic, I've got VH1 turned on, am watching Alanis Morissette's new video for Crazy, and can't help but notice three things: (1) the guy she douses with water is very hot; (2) Alanis' hair is very weird; and (3) it sounds as if they've added one of those bizarre special effects to her voice to make it sound more....I'm not sure. Funky? Techno? Regardless, it just sounds odd, cuz her voice can stand on its own merits.

But that's just my opinion, based on a grand total of three minutes of the video. Your comments, please?

4 Comments:

  • it's a wig! My issue with this video is that it's so young-girl-pop/rock star - didn't Avril also grumpily push through a crowded party and lash out at a guy? Same black eyed look, same hair. I love this song though, Seal rocks (and is a pretty good kisser too). uma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:56 a.m.  

  • I don't have any TV channels that show music videos but I do like her version of the song (I think I recommended it to you a while ago?). Ah, Uma, I'm going to have to add that tidbit to my knowledge of Seal along with his affinity for hanging out in the basement of the Daylodge.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:43 a.m.  

  • mmmhmm...but alas, I embelish...it was only a euro-style double-cheek peck...and yet he kissed my dog smack on the lips...hmmm, there's a whole series of jokes there I think...:-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 a.m.  

  • Uma: I had forgotten about the Seal encounter, although I know from personal experience that he's extremely tall, and takes up the entire entrance door of Lorna's and my basement/dungeon office with all 6'5" or so of his stunningly powerful frame. You continue to surprise me with all of these reminders of past indiscretions : )

    Luscious Lorna: don't you have, like, 180 channels or something/. How can you not have a music video channel among them? Have you not been keeping up with The Real World?!

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 8:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home