life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

And then a whole lotta sleep

Dayam, I am one tired puppy. But the hard part is behind me. I've put in the hard yards. The road has been traveled, the journey nearly complete. Tomorrow is Premiere night, and the start of our North American Tour 2006!

The day before Premiere is always a tough one -- a combination of training program, administrative details, last-minute right-brain creative touches to the lounge, and lots of general fire fighting. It's a tough day, simply because all sorts of things that you think you've got under control come back to say, "Please give me some of your attention. You thought you were done with me, but I'm demanding more of your time on this day when time is in short supply."

Yup, I swear I hear those voices in my head on the day before every Premiere!!

One of the things that demanded my attention today was training of my team of temporary staff. They all seem good -- outgoing, confident, well-spoken. And they're a varied bunch, so that should mean a dynamic group to work with. I'm convinced that this is a good team. OK, I'm fairly confident they'll be good. OK, what I mean to say is that I'm sure they'll be just fine. I mean it'll be OK. Well, they'll do.

It's nearly bed time. But first, a bit of surfing the net, and a bit of laundry action. And then a whole lotta sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home