life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

2 cup sizes!

Damn, there are a lot of scary commercials on American TV and radio.

I mean, let's be honest here -- I'm not unaccustomed to American TV and radio by any means. But when we see American network TV shows broadcast on Canadian airwaves, we typically see national commercials for car companies, fast food restaurants, national retailers, etc. Or, oftentimes, the American shows are simulcast by a Canadian network who has purchased the rights to air that show in Canada and can sell ad time to Canadian companies. As a result, we'll see commercials for local or national Canadian companies, or North America-wide companies. Some of the commercials are bad,but not often scary.

So to see all these local San Diego market commercials is,um, interesting. There's a lot of shit out there.

And don't even get me started on the radio ads. Clearly, I had forgotten that Southern California is the plastic surgery capital of the world. And they ain't afraid to advertise their services, Blanche.

I've already sent away for the amazing topical cream that you can just rub on your breasts to see instant results of up to 2 cup sizes. I'm assuming it works on other areas, too.

3 Comments:

  • It chops, slices, dices and cleans your car!
    At spin class last night the first piece of music was actually the Olympic Short Program music of our favourite skaters - Doug Dorsey and Kate Moseley. vrooooom. Made me pedal hard and my heart rate climb!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:21 a.m.  

  • Luscious Lorna:: oh ya, well every time I hear Ride on Time, who do I think of? Doug and Kate and you, of course. In fact, I heard it a couple of times through my iPod during my road trip and smiled a knowing smile.

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 7:56 p.m.  

  • The commercials (and related products) are definitely more entertaining than the actual programs they sponsor.

    By Blogger dantallion, at 10:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home