life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Ocean spray

As I drove home from work tonight, I noticed some tiny drops of water on my windshield all of a sudden. I was shocked at the sight of "rain" as we haven't had a drop since I got here on January 10. Then I realized it was ocean spray from the Pacific as I drove along the part of the road that is directly adjacent to the beach. Not rain, but ocean spray. Yippee!

Went for a run on Saturday morning with a friend from work. It hurt a bit. Went for another run this morning with another friend from work. It didn't hurt a bit. Until after, at which point I realized my right calf hurt like hell. Just when I was triumphantly celebrating the fact that my achilles heel injury, which has been my.....well, my achilles heel, didn't hurt on Saturday, I'm reminded of the old lingering pain that my calf likes to throw in to remind me that I'm not a twenty-something thing. If it ain't one thing, it's another.

If it ain't an achilles heel injury, it's a calf injury. If it ain't rain, it's ocean spray. If it ain't.....jeepers, if it ain't bed time.

2 Comments:

  • enjoy the lack 'o rain for all of us..in January it rained 29 of 31 days up here! ahhhhh!!! Luckily the old W/B is knee deep in it, literally!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:08 a.m.  

  • Uma: I read about the record stretch of rain that Vancouver's been "enjoying" and am most assuredly happy that I'm not there to experience it. Glad to hear the mountain is, at least, benefiting from it.

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 11:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home