life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

I love pushing shopping carts uphill

So tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday, is it? I've never been in the States during Super Bowl, and I'm beginning to understand just how big of a deal it really is.

Apparently none of our local staff want to work, because they'd rather be gettin' piss drunk and lookin' for a lay watching all the cool new commercials that will debut during the game. And don't even get me started on what it's going to be like in Del Mar Fairgrounds and Racetrack, where our site is located. They're hosting a big Super Bowl party and I expect that there will be a fair bit of tailgate partying goin' on.

Now who should I cheer for?! Well, I've only ever been to Pittsburgh's airport and to drive from the airport to Snowshoe Mountain in West Virginia. I have no real affiliation with Pittsburgh. Seattle, on the other hand -- well, that's just a whole 'nother story (as they tend to say here).

I looooooove Seattle. I love to party there, I love to meet my friends there, I love to celebrate NYE there. I love to go on a good road trip there, I love to compete in volleyball tournaments there. I love to partake in the simple pleasures of a "Seattle cocktail," which is made of approximately 9/10 rum and 1/10 coke.

I love to visit the late-night hotdog stand across from R Place at 2AM to get a Polish sausage with all the fixins. Of course, I don't love puking my guts out and waking up the next day to blame the sausage for my intestinal discomfort (oh no, it couldn't have been all the Seattle cocktails!). But I love watching Suzie invent the 90-degree vomit at the dearly departed Camlin Hotel. May she rest in peace. The hotel, that is, not Suzie!

I love the dearly departed Timberline and the Sunday afternoon T-Dances. I love taking Tape Girl there and have her become the most popular thing ever to set foot in the lesbian corner. I love going to Manray and bugging the cute DJ to "Just play my song.....pleeeeeease!" And I love having him play it on the video screen with the caption, "This is for the mildly attractive guy who just returned from Australia"

I love the Pride Parade and the Party in the Park. I love the Pride 10K, where I set my personal best time on a hilly course, no less. I love going to the bars and feeling like I'm the new guy in town -- mostly because I am. I love being asked to be in an underwear contest in front of hundreds of strangers. I love lookin' at all sorts of attractive men and being hit on by some of them. I love pushing shopping carts uphill on the way to the bars.

I guess I'm cheering for Seattle. Go 'hawks go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home