life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Monday, February 06, 2006

I love Mondays

Last night, my roommate and I had some of our colleagues over for a few drinks. When a couple of people asked what I had planned for Sunday night, I responded with a coy, "I'm having my baseball team over for drinks." Truth be told, of course, there is no baseball team. I was really hosting the other boys on my team. Even though our numbers are modest, we've got a good bunch of guys, including a Kiwi, an Aussie (the new hottie), and Canadians. There are some other team members within our ranks (Argentinian and American), but the United Nations didn't come out in full force last night.

It was fun and I always enjoy spending time with my teammates. We enjoyed some wine and conversation at home, then headed out for the best nightlife that San Diego had on offer for a Sunday night.

It might not have been the most exciting night out ever, but it was still fun. Heading out with my teammates is a much-needed part of this crazy lifestyle that I find myself in. If I can't be surrounded by my circle of friends in Vancouver, hanging out with these guys is a pretty darn good substitute. And of course, Lucky and the Hire Guy are particularly fun to go out with. They always keep me entertained with their humour and unabashed love of life.


Today, I had only 3 things on my Day-Off-To-Do List: (1) get a haircut; (2) go for a run in Balboa Park; and (3) go out with Nebraska Girl and her Gay Boyfriend. Now, the Gay Boyfriend really isn't, but he's so adorable that me and some of the boys would really like him to play on our team, and Nebraska Girl fully recognizes that. Anyways, we're off shortly to the House of Blues to celebrate the end of an accomplishment for those guys.

Unlike most people, I love Mondays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home