life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I love my Summer sports!

I'm all signed up for my soccer league and my slo-pitch league.

We had our first couple of slo-pitch practices this past week and I'm bloody surprised -- I'm way better than the last time I played! Yippee! In fact, I'm showing so much potential that my coach is making me the first baseman. While nervous, I'm also excited because I had a freakin' fantastic practice on Sunday and feel really good about how much fun our team had. Well, and beers afterwards didn't hurt things at all : )

So I'm a slo-pitch rookie, but a soccer veteran. And after three Summers away from Canada and away from my league, soccer evaluations begin tomorrow. This is the chance for each player to go through drills, impress each captain, and get rated prior to the draft. I'm way more confident in my soccer skills than my slo-pitch skills, so (judging by how much I seem to have improved at slo-pitch) I'm damn stoked!

I love my Summer sports! Volleyball may be done -- unless I play the odd tournament and/or some beach ball at some point -- but bring on soccer and slo-pitch, baby! And as soon as my ankle is fully healed, I can't freakin' wait to start running again. I gotta lose this paunch of mine!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home