life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

"Join the circus. See the world!"

They told me, "Join the circus. See the world!"

It didn't feel all that glamourous during the couple of hours I spent today mopping the wooden floor in my tent so that it was ready for the carpet to be laid. Oh well, at least something is getting laid : )

I'm not so sure they really explained the whole Tear Down/Set Up thing. The last two days we've been in full-on Set Up mode, and imagine all of this in reverse. Yup, I've been in "Earl" mode again, with hard hat, fluoro vest, and steel-toes. It's hard work, but our tent will look great when it's all over.

I met my new team on Thursday at our orientation day. We've got all women this city, and I'm sure they're all going to be brilliant. Next week they'll get a full day of Merchandising training before joining me for my newly-rejigged job-specific training. I love developing and delivering training programs, so I'm really looking forward to it. But, jaysus!! There's a hell of a lot more work to do before then!

Adelaide is nice so far. Weather? Gorgeous. Architecture? Pretty cool. I still love the look of all the beautiful sandstone buildings that litter all Australian cities. If I can stay awake, I'm gonna try and go out tonight for a beverage or two. Then again, I'm pretty darn tired, so it may just be a quiet night in my teeny, tiny, windowless, unventilated torture chamber room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home