life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Beep, beep, beep

You know that "Beep, beep, beep" sound that you hear when heavy machinery or 18-wheelers or garbage trucks back up? Well, I'm intimately familiar with it now that I'm so butch and tradesman-like adept at operating a forklift truck.

Yup, I'm learning to drive a forklift as a requirement of my job. Had my lesson last Friday, and I take my exam in a couple of days. I was an obstacle course whiz, and my stacking and unstacking skills were damn good for a total rookie. I was lifting and moving pallets like crazy, including some reallllly big motherfuckers that could have crushed me if I decided to recklessly raise and tilt my load to show off!

In fact, you'd be impressed with my skill -- lining up my target, skillfully and confidently moving forward, lining up with the right hole(s), inserting, raising my load, doing the deed, and unloading. I'm a natural.

Will the acquisition of new skills ever end?!

1 Comments:

  • As the best parallel parker that I know I have no doubt that you're now adding to that as the best fork-lift operator that I know.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:25 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home