life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Monday, April 11, 2005

"I'll take dirty little secrets
for $400 please, Alex"

Has it really been that long since my last post? Sorry, fans, if I've kept you in the dark. Here's the latest and greatest from my life.

Well, I'm certainly back to feeling like I'm living life large again. I have to admit that I'm having so freakin' much fun, but I'm wondering when my boss and her boss will come into my office unannounced, sit me down, look at me intently and spill the beans. I can hear it now:

Boss: "Jeff, it's been 4 weeks since you joined us. We're really happy with the job you've done so far. You seem to be fitting in really well, and have a keen sense of what we value in this organization. Well done on a great start!"

Boss' boss: "Ya, Jeff, I echo everything that insert Boss' name here has said. I've heard nothing but really positive reviews from everyone so far."

Boss: "Yup! I think we've made the right choice in hiring you for this job, and I'm really excited about the potential for improvement in the product over the next few months. I think you'll be able to really help us look at things with an outside perspective."

Boss' boss: "But we just wanted to talk to you about a special project that we'd like you to focus on in the next two weeks or so. It may take a bit longer that that, but with any luck you'll be able to get it done pretty quickly, we think."

Boss: "It's pretty easy, really. All you need to do is kidnap the Prime Minister's son/hijack a train/spread the Asian Bird Flu to the North American continent/start a new faction of our cult/smuggle illicit drugs to Singapore/unseat a Third World militaristic junta puppet government/wrestle a great white shark/have sex with Cloris Leachman."

Seriously!! I keep waiting to be let in on the dirty little secret, the sad truth, the ugly reality. I'm not sure what it's gonna turn out to be, but I'm pretty sure it will be something from the list above. In fact, my money's on having to start a new faction of the cult. Heck, I must have joined a cult -- after all, how could everything with this job be so fun, be such a fit, be so damn great?! There have GOT to be strings attached.

I hope I'm wrong, but I still think they've recruited me for this perfect job without telling me the whole truth. But what, pray tell, is the nasty truth going to look like? I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. But is it possible that it won't happen? Is it possible that this really isn't too good to be true? Is it possible that I've just found something really incredibly wicked?

All I know is that I love my job, and I'm freakin' blessed to have been presented with this opportunity. And I'm not taking it for granted. At all. I always say that everything happens for a reason. Amen, sistah! And if that dirty little secret is lurking somewhere, waiting to be sprung on me....I just hope it doesn't involve sex with Cloris Leachman!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home