life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Say it isn't so:
she stepped out of the second triple toe?!

So there I am at the gorgeous Sydney Opera House. It's a perfectly clear, slighty breezy, refreshing evening. I'm there to see the only opera whose plot I really have any grasp of: Carmen.

And during the whole performance, the mental image that keeps reappearing? Well, if it ain't Debi blowing her opening triple toe-triple toe combination by stepping out of the second one, thereby handing the gold to Kat. Of course, l'il Liz had something to say about the final results as well, but in the end, the Battle of the Carmens was a walkover. Clearly, it's figure skating season and I need my fix. Yup, I am that gay!

But the opera was quite nice, thank you very much. I find the music enchanting, and the story absolutely compelling. Too bad the singers' French pronunciation was outta left field, but otherwise it was good. And it even inspired me, because I think I would make a great Carmen. No really!! Consider that she's really nothing more than a string-'em-along-and-make-'em-want-you-even-more-until-they-resort-to-desperate-measures kind o' gal. Jeepers, like I haven't done that before : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home