life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Those Survivor kids got nothing on me

"Just be militant," I keep telling myself. "You can do this, Jeff! Bring only those things that you reallllly need. You might want to reconsider, and leave behind the life-sized blow-up doll of Tom Ford..."

Yup, it's the nomadic life for me as of tomorrow. If I could, I would travel like one of those Latin American Miss Universe contestants, who goes to the pageant with, like, 20 trunks of clothes and whatnot. No, really -- it's totally true! I knew a girl who was Miss Canada 1986, and she went to Miami for Miss Universe with one attendant and a couple of trunks. Imagine how intimidating it is to see Miss Venezuela sashay in with 20 trunks hauled by 6 attendants in charge of her hair, makeup, wardrobe, etc. Needless to say, pageants are big business south of the equator, while our poor little Miss Canada was pretty much left to her own devices. I think Karen still made the semis that year, but what chance did she really have against the Venezuelan juggernaut?!

I'm no Miss Universe contender who needs her 20 trunks, but I do like to be surrounded by my "stuff." I've simplified my life by leaps and bounds over the past two years, and have come to realize what exactly is most important to me, but there are still comforts of home that you crave. God, this round of packign has been like choosing my luxury item on Survivor. But it truly is time to be ruthless and take only those necessary items that I need can fit into two suitcases.

  • hair dryer
  • curling iron
  • hot rollers
  • hair straightener
  • makeup bag
  • 10 15 20 pairs of shoes
  • my fat jeans
  • my new snuggly, squishy, comfortable, clutch-it-while-I-watch-TV pillow

It was a tough choice, but I've decided to go with the pillow and leave the rest behind. Of course, I'm also taking some clothes, basic toiletries, my laptop, and a few pictures, but not much else. This nomadic life could be interesting, to say the least...

5 Comments:

  • I would have chosen the pillow too... and fresh batteries. ;)

    By Blogger Jef, at 9:10 p.m.  

  • I hope the cd 'Songs that make me think of Jeff' made the cut'!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:58 a.m.  

  • You like Tom Ford as well? Seems like we have similar taste in men.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:34 a.m.  

  • Safe travels and good luck mate!

    By Blogger Sven, at 3:45 p.m.  

  • You have to bring a big bag of M&Ms

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home