life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

"Please don't feed the animals"

Premiere night in Adelaide went well. We had lots of celebrities in attendance: Olympic legend Marjorie Jackson, lots of actors and actresses from McLeod's Daughters, and plenty of buff footy players like Captain Mark Ricciutto and his Crows teammates. The tent looked great, the staff were attentive, and the show always speaks for itself.

The Premiere Party was cool. At a nightclub called Heaven, it started after the show (of course) and went until 2AM, following which we were hurried along to the other part of the nightclub complex, called Hell. We hung there for a while before going to some other place called Zhivago's, which you would think would be Russian or something. Right?!

Try Reggae instead. Imagine my slightly inebriated brain trying to reconcile a name like that with music and atmosphere like that. But in the end it just didn't matter, as our crew of 50 or so late-nighters played up until all hours. In fact, the club was closing just as we arrived, but someone in our entourage convinced them to stay open and profit from the patronage of a large group of heavy drinkers.

Cut to us stumbling home at 5:30AM. And then cut to me (well, pretty well everyone on-site, really) showing up with circus-sized hangovers the next day. Oi.

So that was Premiere. And now we're full-on into the daily grind of pumping out shows. After two weeks of picture perfect weather -- and two weeks of the locals repeatedly saying, "Honestly, it's never this nice in May" -- the rain finally arrived. It was still quite warm, and it wasn't the kind of horizontal rain that Vancouver sometimes gets, but it was rain nonetheless. Didn't cause us too much hassle, so in the end it was a non-factor. Still, I hope we get back to sunshine and mid- to high-20's again today.

What else? I can't sleep. I'm needlessly thinking about some stuff that I shouldn't worry about outside of work. I'm still living in a teeny torture chamber of a room that has a hot water heater and no ventilation (the combination of which makes it a wee bit warm and a wee bit stuffy), with a window that looks out. Into the hall of the hotel! WTF?!

I taped a sign to my window, so that the other hotel guests (I think it's mostly circus freaks on my floor, anyway) walking down the hall and past my window, mere inches from my bed, see:

"Please don't feed the animals circus freaks."

Because I feel like I'm kinda on display. Yup, even more so that usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home