life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Puddle jumping

Six little letters. Many different connotations. Millions of dollars in therapists' bills spent by people striving for it.

Growth.

Throughout the past three weeks of my program, I've been reminded that growth is hugely important to me. If nothing else, I tasked myself with expressing that to the rest of my classmates in my final presentation, and getting them to understand what drives me; what motivates me; what growth means to me in a practical sense. I did a great job of getting that point across, and it was a very useful exercise for me to collate everything I've been working on these past few weeks months years in figuring out who I am, what motivates me, what choices I've made, and the results they've yielded.

But just when I was ready to take a breather after three exhausting weeks of the program, I was presented with yet another opportunity for growth this past weekend. It was an opportunity that came out of the blue, but that I had honestly thought about for a while -- just keeping it somewhere in the back of my mind as a very remote possibility that might present itself at some point; at any point. I guess I'd convinced myself that it wouldn't materialize, so it was absolutely surprising to find myself in the moment, wondering whether to be prudent or reckless, realistic or foolish. And so, for the first time in a long time, I just didn't think about anything except being in that precise moment; just being engaged in the there and then.

OK, so that last bit is a big ol' lie : )

As much as I wish I could say I didn't think of anything except being in that precise moment, I found myself thinking of past decisions and results, and of the shape that things could potentially take in the near, and distant, future. Regardless, it was pretty amazing to be presented with a new opportunity for growth that I just didn't expect -- but had kinda secretly hoped might surface.

So if the past three weeks, plus this past weekend, have all been overwhelmingly about examining growth and its results, maybe it can be attributed to the old adage, when it rains, it pours. Well, then, let 'er rip. I've put on my rain gear and I'm ready to jump in some puddles!

Sorry for being so cryptic about this development, but all will may be revealed in time -- a great deal of time.

1 Comments:

  • oy morrie, what's all this 'revelation' taulk? i need in on this! i miss having you at hand to taulk & discuss all the details of how we can do things betta. nevahmind, it will aul work out for you. by the way, the hinklesteins want to know if you plan on inviting them skiing because little sydney is taking lessons and wants to ski with uncle morrie. continued success with everything. lotsalove, leona xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home