life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Gloating

Awareness is an amazing thing, isn't it? Take climate change, for instance. It's probably been going on for quite a while now -- at least, I think scientists are saying it's been an issue for longer than we've been aware. But lately, we seem to have this consciousness about it that we've never had before.

Politics, the media, entertainment....they've all drawn our attention to this issue repeatedly over the past year. It's reached a frenzied, fevered pitch now, and we're putting more effort into arguing discussing what we can do about it, how it will affect our children, and how each particular political party can parlay it into election success why we've let it go on for so long.

And of course, I say all of this simply because it's a gorgeous day here in Vancouver, with a record-breaking temperature of 16.5C. The sun is shining brightly, a few meandering clouds dot sky, and the snow looks like it's clinging desperately to the tops of the North Shore Mountains after having engulfed them right to the bottom last week. Yup, we've got all of this while Ontario struggles with weather disaster. It's stunning how incredibly disparate the temperatures can be from here to there. But today, I'm simply going to do some quiet gloating : ) And as little polluting as possible.

6 Comments:

  • when you say "ontario" you really mean "cookie"...i read between the lines and it is clear that your gloating is pointed, my friend! cookie's solid-cold not solid-gold these days and she's not liking it! hope you continue to enjoy your summer's day! love you anyways, cookie xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:34 p.m.  

  • What are you talking about? It was a balmy -27 (-40 with the windchill) in Ottawa yesterday - I went out for a stroll in my shorts and birkenstocks...in the mall!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:51 a.m.  

  • Ha! And I recall some gloating from you, Jas, when it was balmy in Ottawa last Fall -- the same time we were enduring our weather anomalies. Revenge is actually quite sweet : )

    And Cookie, you know this wasn't directed solely at you. It was meant for Tower Girl as well : )

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 8:24 a.m.  

  • As long as there's still snow in Whistler, it's all good. We're heading out there for Easter (March 25 -Apr 9) so we'll have to hook up (in the old-fashioned sense of the word - not the new version of 'hook up'!). I'll be in Van for a conference from March 25-29, then Chantal & the kidlets join me. Eva's coming down for Easter as well - I think we'll have to plan for some Long Islands at Monks!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:05 a.m.  

  • Oh, there's most definitely snow -- although I'm sure you check the website each and every day to gauge the snowbase just to make certain (am I right?? am I right??).

    In fact, I was just thinking of Easter because Eva mentioned way back in the Fall that she was possibly coming here around then.

    I'm away April 5-8 in Calgary (v-ball tourney), but would love to hook up with y'all -- but only in the old-fasioned sense of the word, of course!!!!

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 1:46 p.m.  

  • Awww mannnn,
    LIIT's at Monks!
    I'll be monitoring all flight websites to make it out for that one!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:29 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home