life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The first pratice game: slo-pitch

So we had our practice game yesterday, and I broke in my new glove (which will take a couple of games for me to really get used to it). The main difference between practice and this game: everything comes at you much faster! Holy heck, is that ever true! And, although I had an error at first base, I went 3-for-4 at bat and made a couple of good defensive plays. It was fun, I felt OK, and I know I'll just continue to improve all season long, so bring it on!

I think we lost the game (someone was keeping score, but I really don't know the final score for sure -- nobody really cared), and we most definitely need to do some work on our cheerleading and teambuilding. Still, we had fun, we gave the rookies (me, in particular) a chance to get game-tough, and we got to look at some fairly attractive young specimens on the opposing team. Not that this league is all about that or anything....but it certainly helps to pass the time as I stand on first base.

Our first league game: Sunday, April 29 @ 2:15PM. Come on out to Brockton Oval and look for the team in the flattering blue uniforms!!

1 Comments:

  • gal i had a thought regarding your cheerleading or lack there of it... you have a very nimble friend who enjoys a good "tumble". just think of suzie tumbling down the first base line!
    - Tower Girl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:21 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home