life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Playoffs

So the "cottage" was fantastic. We had a great time visiting with our friends, enjoying food and drink, sea kayaking, and just enjoying island life. Unfortunately, I had a terrible case of allergies -- or possibly a cold. I'm not sure which it was, but I was a sneezing, snivelling, stuffed up fool all weekend long. Not. Impressed.

While I was on Pender, my slo-pitch team won its last game of the season to finish at 6 wins and 12 losses. While nowhere near the top of the league, we surprisingly won 4 of our last 5 games, and are the hottest team heading into this weekend's playoffs. We know we can beat any team in the league, and now is our time to show it. Bring it on!!

My guy is away this weekend, as he celebrates his parents' 50th wedding anniversary with the entire family at his brother's cabin up at Shuswap. I was invited -- bless his family -- but had to decline, as the playoffs beckoned. My guy gets home Sunday afternoon and we have a wedding to go to Sunday night, which we're really looking forward to.

I called Tower Girl for her birthday last Monday, and we had fantastic chat. The gal is back in Canada and working hard as a circus freak. She and Leona and I are still hoping to rendezvous in San Francisco around Christmastime, so there should be some planning in the works soon.

OK, gotta go now. I'm up very early -- anxious for the playoffs to begin -- but I want to go back to bed and try and grab another hour of shut-eye.

Happy weekend, everyone!!

2 Comments:

  • oy morrie,
    i am vaclempt at the idea of you and towergirl and me celebrating the high holidays together...it will be our second year in a row...perhaps we are starting a tradition? who loves ya, oy, i do and miss you like a mountain of motza balls. taulk soon dauling.

    p.s. i think that premiere in la la la los angeles is going to break me. fill you in as soon as i get out of traffic.

    love leona xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:14 p.m.  

  • about that blue sweater...think you meant to use 'shrinking' and not 'shrunking' unless the intent was to urbanize (read ghetto-posh) your posting. much enjoy the subtle bite in your observations.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home