life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Canada Day

It's the Canada Day long weekend, and clearly time for reflection.

Did you know that, in addition to Canada turning 140 youthful years of age, famous Canadians Pamela Anderson (the Big 4-0!) and Dan Aykroyd (turning 55 years old) are celebrating this weekend? True! Happy Birthday to all who celebrate this weekend, including my friend Darla.


As you can tell by my sporadic tendencies, blogging has become less of a priority for me these days. I'm busy with my guy, busy with a new job, busy with a charitable event I'm helping organize, busy with soccer, busy with slo-pitch. Busy busy busy. I'm not officially saying that I'm quitting blogging, but am just puttin' it out there. I'll post an entry when I feel like it, but refuse to feel guilty about not blogging regularly. There -- I've said it:

I refuse to feel guilty about not blogging on a regular basis!

So a quick recap on what's new -- cuz you may not get another recap for a while.....

  • My guy is gone to Europe for three whole weeks. He left yesterday and doesn't get back 'til July 21 : (
  • My soccer season has turned into a bit of a fiasco. After winning our fist two soccer games, we lost eight games in a row. Luckily, we had a great team and really had some fun. And I learned a lot more playing with my co-captains that I ever have in my three other years in the league. For July and August, they shuffle the teams, so who knows how the second half of the season will go?
  • Slo-pitch has, similarly, been a travesty. Our record is a paltry 2-7, and we lost our last game by a score of 31-13. Ugh. Still, we have some fun folks on our team, and I've made some new friends. If only we didn't play like the Bad News Bears!!
  • Still on the sports theme, I've had a groin injury for the past several weeks that's causing me grief. I hurt it playing slo-pitch, and darn if it hasn't healed yet!! I've had to miss a couple of slo-pitch games because of it, and it's a real thorn in my side leg. Hopefully at my doctor's appointment next week, I can get some advice on rehabbing it.
  • Work rocks. I'm having fun and doiong (I think) a great job. I've received several compliments from a variety of people, and I feel like I'm really making it what I want. I know I'm doing a lot of things that my predecessor didn't, so I believe that adds value to my stakeholders, simply by providing additional services that weren't offered before. Things are great at the office!
  • I booked time off to go home to Ottawa for Thanksgiving. It turns out that my 9-year-old nieces from Australia are going to be going to school in Ottawa and living at my grandparents' place from September through January. As a result, I figured I'd better get my butt over there for some quality niece time!
  • And some other time off has been set aside for November, when my guy and I are heading to New York to finally use our free flight coupons (both of which we earned last year, independently of each other). We're flying on separate airlines, and his coupon had terms that meant we have to fly out of Seattle (did you know there there just aren't any direct flights to NYC out of Seattle?), but at least we're using them and getting value. We're very excited about seeing my friend Priscilla, and being in New York together for the first time.
  • I'm heading to Seattle today to watch friends of mine play in a slo-pitch tournament, and for a chance to simply get out of town. With my guy gone, I wondered what to do for the long weekend, and then decided that Seattle is it. I head down this afternoon and come back on Monday, hopefully after I've done a wee bit of shopping!

That's it in a nutshell. You're up to date now, and I'm excused for feeling guilty about not posting very frequently. And that, my friends, is a great way to head into a long weekend!

Happy Canada Day to everyone out there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home