life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Vegas: part 3

Part 1 here

Part 2 here

Our friends had tickets to see Celine on Sunday night and my guy, of course, didn't know that we did as well. So when he announced at the pool that he knew all about my surprises and that he was "so stoked about seeing the show tomorow," one of our friends quickly volunteered that they were going to the show as well.

Meanwhile, I was gripped with panic and trying my best to steer the conversation away from this topic with a few thinly-veiled attempts at distraction. In the end, we avoided disaster and my guy didn't find out that we would be seeing Celine the next night. Our friends got with the program and avoided discussion of the topic. And I started breathing again -- long enough to sneak out and pick up our tickets from the Caesar's Palace Box Office.


So are you following all of this? To recap, I had arranged tickets to see Love on Saturday night. My guy now knew this. I had also arranged tickets to see Mystere Sunday at 4:30PM. My guy also knew this. And I had purchased tickets to see Celine Sunday night -- which my guy definitely didn't know. OK, we're all on the same page here.

My guy and I lounged around the Caesar's pool a bit longer, then grabbed a bite to eat and toodled off to see Love at the Mirage. And I can tell you: the show did not disappoint!!! Having seen many updates during the creative process (via regular bulletins to all circus employees), I was worried that it was going to be a bit cheesy, and a bit too gimmicky with the entire concept built around the music of the Beatles. Boy, was I wrong!

We loved the show! It was original, but familiar for its circus elements. With seating in the round, it was a different experience than many of the other circus shows, and the entire 90 minutes was captivating. Not expecting a whole heckuva lot going in, I was very happily blown away!

To cap off Saturday night, we headed to the hottest new nightclub in town for their gay night. We met our friends there -- all of whom were by-now tight-lipped in order to avoid spilling the beans about Celine the next night -- and had a boogy and some cocktails.

We went to sleep tired and with big smiles on our faces - him expecting one show the next day, and me knowing that I'd surprise the heck out of him with a second show he would be extremely happy to see.

Part 4 here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home