life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Vegas: part 2

Part 1 here

Saturday dawned bright, beautiful, and hot. We wandered around the Village for a while, then made plans to meet Ladybug and Monkey Boy for a couple of drinks and some chow. Jumping onto our rental car, we headed to the Strip and checked out a couple of shopping options, then met these fun folks and laughed and visited and thoroughly enjoyed each others' company for a couple of hours.

The first of my surprises was let out of the bag when Ladybug accidentally let on that she and I and my guy were going to see Mystere the next day. No big deal, because I had planned on letting my guy in on one of the secrets that day anyway. I was happy that my awesome friend Ladybug let her new friend -- my guy -- know that we'd get to see an amazing show while Monkey Boy, unfortunately, worked.

So he was stoked about finding out about Mystere the next day. But I wasn't done with the day's surprises : )

My guy and I started to walk down the Strip to Caesar's Palace and I wondered how I was going to spring my next surprise. So I made a lame excuse ("Oh, look! The Mirage! I think that's the only hotel I haven't gone inside. Can we just take a quick look?"), marched into the Mirage, then made a bee-line to the Box Office. While my guy looked on and wondered what I was up to, I picked up the free tickets that Lucky had arranged for us to see Love!

So my guy was very surprised to find out we'd be going to a second show -- this one that very evening -- and we continued on our way to Caesar's. There we met our friends and enjoyed a couple of cocktails poolside while soaking up the sun. I told my guy a little white lie that all of my surprises were out in the open -- that I had arranged Mystere and Love and that those two shows were the big surprises for the weekend. So when we were chatting with the friends poolside, my guy mentioned that he know all about the surprises and that he was "so stoked about seeing the show tomorow."

And that's when one of our friends nearly let the really big cat out of the bag!

Part 3 here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home