life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Vegas: part 5

Part 1 here

Part 2 here

Part 3 here

Part 4 here

Up early on Monday morning, the plan was to drop off my guy at the airport for his flight home, following which I'd hang out with my friends Ladybug and Monkey Boy. I didn't have to fly out until Tuesday afternoon, and was looking forward to gettin' in some fun time with those two fun folks.

I dropped off my guy at 7AM, and drove around for a while as I killed time until it was late enough to call Ladybug and Monkey Boy and head to their place. But then I received a text that sent me right back to the airport:

Oh God. Not sure how or when I'll be getting home. Been in line 40 ins, flt to Phoenix is cancelled, and AC to YVR just left. More updates to follow...

As you can guess, I hightailed it back to the airport to wait with him. I surprised him just as he was walking away from the check-in counter, and heard the bad news and the good news.

The Bad: his flight had, indeed, been cancelled.

The Good: he was rebooked on the same flight home as me the next day!

To make the rest of the story short -- as I know this has dragged on for far too long -- we had an extra day and a half in Vegas, hanging out with Ladybug and Monkey Boy and their adorable puppy Aussie. It was awesome, everyone clicked fantastically well, I decided that I need a puppy like Aussie, and my guy and I simply bathed in the splendor of our bonus day in Vegas.

My guy and I returned home tired, happy, and even more in synch than before. The best trip to Vegas EVER!

The end.

3 Comments:

  • truly a "dream vacation"...so happy for you my dear -- cookie, xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:54 p.m.  

  • But did you win any money???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:13 p.m.  

  • A trip that leaves you more in synch? I need to book one, now.

    By Blogger S, at 10:15 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home