life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Happy Birthday to the
most luscious of them all

Luscious Lorna turns, um, 29 today. Well, today in Atlanta; yesterday in Australia. And in honour of her special day and the fact that I love her to bits, this is an abbreviated list of some of the many things I love about her:

  • she's got one of the most logical minds I've ever known, with an incredible need to investigate things she doesn't immediately know.
  • she's enthusiastic about the things that she commits to. I have so much respect for the way in which she throws herself into projects/interests/pursuits (her latest is adventure racing, by the way).
  • she's one of the only people I've worked closely with who I trust implicitly. in a resort environment full of flakes, skids and idiots, Lorna was a godsend to work with.
  • she hates her other nickname, but doesn't get pissed off when I use it (I think she secretly likes it). and I'm now going to betray that trust and expose her to the world as the gal she truly is: Horny Lorny!
  • she can work a dancefloor with the best of 'em, surrounding herself with guys and giving each of them the appropriate amount of attention to keep them from straying. like a shepherd tending her flock, Lorna uses her cleavage charms to keep her brood in line. she ain't called Maneater for nothing! when she puts on that scooped, low-cut top that showcases the girls, mothers lock up your sons!
  • she drinks like a fish. just like me.
  • she understands and endorses the nectar of the gods that I call Diet Coke. and consumes it by the bucket. just like me.
  • she loves cheesy music. just like me. the black box classic Ride on Time gets us cuttin' a rug like nothing else.
  • she let me pace her during her first half-marathon race back in November 2000, and now I fear she'd probably kick my ass over 21.1 km : )
  • she's been known to wear her pyjamas to work! that's possibly my absolutely favourite thing about her in history!
  • she knows what I'm talking about when I make obscure cultural references -- well, obscure Whistler references -- like the floating belt girl, Tommy Africa's retro night (before it was popular), LIIT's, "start the trickle", hotlisting, pre-sets, and oh so many more...
  • she's an incredible listener. but not only that, she'll always have a helpful opinion and work with you to uncover a solution to any problem that you have.
  • she says I'm the best parallel parker she knows.
  • if I had long hair, she'd hold it back while I puked. and while my hair is short and doesn't need holding back, she has most assuredly been there for me during some of my worst episodes, figuratively holding back my hair and whispering words of encouragement. just like I've been there during some of hers : )
  • during some of those aforementioned worst episodes, she's usually able to fill in the blanks and remind me of some of my most disgraceful memorable behaviour. just like I do for her. and we always wear these stories like badges of honour, allowing the other to relate them to strangers in bars friends and acquaintances after minimal much prompting.
  • she introduced me to the 90210 Drinking Game.
  • when I was on my first-ever trip to Australia way back in 1996 and spending money like a politician in a whorehouse, I totally ran out of money. Lorna deposited a quick $1000 into my bank account to tide me over. no questions asked, no problem at all.
  • she's the best Trivial Pursuit partner ever!

Happy Birthday, Luscious Lorna! Love ya lots and lots and lots. Looking forward to creating more and more memories with you over the years ahead.

1 Comments:

  • Hey, I thought I was the ultimate Trivial Pursuit partner...it may be time to belly on up to the table and have a game (if and when we're all in the same area code, at least!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home