life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

::::KYLIE::::

Devastated

I got the news last night as I checked my text messages during a break from work. It couldn't be a joke. In the words of my friend Number One, not even Triple J would joke about something like that.

I know I'll get a refund on my ticket eventually. And I'm still going to Melbourne on Sunday. I just won't be standing with 19,999 other fans as the Pop Princess and her beefy dancers take us through a 17-year career that stretches from "I Should Be So Lucky" all the way to the current hits.

My flight is paid for, my hotel is paid for (in beautiful South Yarra, my temporary neighbourhood from my circus stay), and I still have friends to hang out with. I was just reallly hoping that I'd be hitting RLA on Monday night with all the other fags for a bit of Kylie Kaos. But sometimes it's just not about me.

The important thing is that she caught it early. Hell, even her mentor has beaten this. And according to all her famous supporters who have been interviewed by the media, she's a real fighter and has a great support network around her. Jeepers, no kidding -- just look at that spunk she shares her bed with. Yup, I suspect that, once this is beaten, she'll come back more adored than ever before. Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home