life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

June 15

June 15: the deadline for Canadians to file their 2004 personal income tax returns if they are self-employed/sole proprietor types (as I was last year).

June 15: the deadline for businesses to file their 2004 GST/HST returns.

June 15: the day I finalllllly got my ass in gear and got 'em both filed.

While I paid my outstanding taxes way back, I needed some of my tax receipts sent to me from Sydney, where I stupidly forgot them. Wouldn't you know it, I left even that until the last possible minute. Luckily my friends Opera House Couple came through for me and sent them down by priority post. Similarly, Suzie -- being the lifesaver that she always is -- sent me some of my other much-needed tax forms from Vancouver. Between OHC and Suzie, I at last had everything I needed.

A couple of late nights followed by a couple of ill attempts at filing online, but finally success! Seems my online access code wasn't correct, but a quick call to a charming fella named Cameron at the CCRA's electronic services Helpdek in Winnipeg solved that one for me. I prepared electronically and filed online at the last second. And no need to rush to the Tax Office at ten minutes to midnight as so many other Canadians probably still do.

Ain't technology and procrastination wonderful?!

Oh, and that overestimate I made back on April 30? Way overestimated! So I'll be getting a nice refund cheque someday around 2007 soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home