life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

It's about the passion and not the paycheque

This love affair that I seem to have with my company is sounding more and more like a broken record...but what the hell. Deal with it, or just stop reading : )

It's a sure sign that you're not in this for the money when you actually have no idea that you've been paid. For real! You walk into your groovy marquise-cum-office, see a pay stub on your desk, and realize it was payday a few days ago. And then you marvel to yourself, "They actually give me money to do this?! Damn!"

It's pretty unbelievable. And I love the fact that I'm back to where money isn't my prime motivator. I had gotten to a point a couple of years ago where the lack of a salary equitable to that of my colleagues had become a big-time de-motivator. Happily, I'm back where I want to be: in it for the passion and not the paycheque.

2 Comments:

  • How does one land a job as a circus freak? I am SOOOO jealous.

    By Blogger epicurist, at 11:31 a.m.  

  • Ahhhh, you too can become a circus freak. Do what I did: check the website and see what's on offer. You might be surprised!

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 5:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home