life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Friday, May 20, 2005

I have a dream plan

Our new tour plan was finally announced. So now, without further ado, I give everyone the real deal for 2006:

North America!

Yup, in 2006 we'll be heading to the land of the free and the home of the brave (the country of the cerebrally-deficient leader), and that will be great. It's been a bit too long since I've been firmly affixed to North American soil, so I'm really looking forward to it. In fact, one of the very first things I did was look at a map to try and figure out which of the sites on our agenda is close enough to the home of Luscious Lorna to organize some much-needed power drinking R&R time. But it doesn't stop there: we also get to do a brief sojourn to the country north of the border that allows gay marriage! And how stoked am I about that?!!

Some of the other tours have somewhat sexier plans than ours (Europe, other locales in NA, etc.), but that's OK. I have a feeling that ours will work out just fine for me, thank you very much. Not everyone is overjoyed (many on our tour have already done NA, some more than once), but I'm stoked. And while I can't discuss the plan in any detail -- well, not until the sites become public knowledge -- there is one particularly cool city coming up. It might not be everyone's first choice, but I think heading there is a capital idea : )

Oh ya, we had cultural sensitivity training in advance of our time in Singapore and Hong Kong. Jeepers, I learned some interesting stuff. And I found out that I'll be celebrating my birthday while we're in the city of the Frangrant Harbour: Hong Kong. A Hong Kong birthday. Now that could be interesting...

4 Comments:

  • I could not be more excited! I guess I'll hold off on shopping fares to Singapore and Hong Kong.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:06 a.m.  

  • Capital location indeed! We should be so lucky!

    Jas

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 p.m.  

  • Hi from Italy...Have a nice monday.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:49 a.m.  

  • Luscious Lorna: absolutely looking forward to seeing you too, my dear. According to Mapquest, it's a 4-hour drive from Atlanta to our closest confirmed site. But knowing the way you drive....it's probably more like 2-1/2 : )

    Jas: capital location indeed! It ain't Stittsville, of course, but close enough!

    Yadoge: hello to Italy! I had a fantastic Monday. Hope you did, too!

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 8:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home