life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

My window to the world hallway

It worked, it worked! My sign worked! I walked out into the hallway the other night and found a note to the captive (me), and an offering of Diet Coke and M&M's to help ease the punishment of my time in the torture chamber my room.

I love the fact that it took me 5 days to figure out who left the treats, and it was someone totally unexpected. Jeepers, I would never have guessed Box Office Boy!

And on an unrelated topic, I was peering out the same joke of a window and into the hotel hallway late the other night. I heard a noise; I wanted to investigate. It was just my colleague Ladybug walking by. No biggie. Except I forgot that I was wearing only my underwear. (Blush) Ladybug saw me, pointed her finger, and laughed as she got into the elevator. She was tipsy, I was busy, we both totally forgot about it.

Having completely forgotten about the incident, I then found myself talking to her boyfriend at the bar three nights later. And he casually identified my preferred brand of underwear with a sly, "So, Jeff, I hear you like to wear..." Now, someone's boyfriend identifying my preferred brand of undies isn't a new thing. Ya, so call me a slut -- what do I care? But I don't recall this particular boyfriend being someone with whom I've ever been in a compromising position -- trust me, I would have remembered! I was a bit taken aback, until it finally dawned on me. And I ran over to Ladybug, laughing and ranting out loud (very loudly) how, "LADYBUG SAW ME IN MY UNDERWEAR!! LADYBUG SAW ME IN MY UNDERWEAR!!"

She, too, had forgotten. But duly reminded of the late-night-window-into-the-hallway expose, Ladybug and I laughed our asses off. She said she was impressed by what she saw. I told her I wasn't even wearing my slutty underwear.

Jeepers, I've got some awesome colleagues/neighbours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home