life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Bring on a shoe shop or two

I'm so freakin' cosmopolitan. It's a day off and I'm heading to China for a day trip. Yup, another day off, another country, another stamp in the passport. Despite the fact that I just hit China last week, it's nice to obtain yet another stamp to prove just how shallow well-traveled I am.

There's this mega-mall in a city called Shenzhen, just across the border from the New Territories. And I'm headin' there for a wee look-see. Using this as my bible, I'm planning on hitting the fabric market for a look at some plush, bright, tactile fabrics for my lounge. I see velvet, organza, and all other sorts of shi-shi fabrics draped over the walls, tables, and everywhere.

See, I've got some budget left over for this fiscal year. And if I don't spend it, I'm gonna lose it. And you know the cheapskate within me absolutely cannot let that happen! Plus, sprucing up the ol' lounge with a new coat of lipstick is something I've been planning on doing for a loooong time now. I inherited the ol' gal from someone else when I started this job. But it's definitely time to put my own stamp of ownership and vision on her. time to give 'er the ol' Jeff treatment!

Bring on Shenzhen. Bring on the fabric market! Bring on a shoe shop or two : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home