life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Friday, September 29, 2006

The last Premiere

Premiere went well, with very few problems -- and certainly no big ones by any means -- and a pretty good vibe overall. It was the first Premiere since, probably, Hong Kong or San Diego where I didn't feel like I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off right up until the point of opening.

I spent the day putting the finishing touches on my suite, buying plants for the terrace and flowers for inside, hanging my last few signs and my big pole-mounted projector, and just getting everything ready. In fact, it was the first Premiere in a few cities where I didn't have to duck away to our on-site shower to rid my body of all the grime on my hands and sweat all over my body, accumulated through my hectic pre-Premiere panic. Nope, this was a very relaxed Premiere by all counts.

And for that, I am very thankful. After all, it is my last one. And I just wanted to enjoy it a bit more than normal.

We had the post-show party in my suite, but our liquor license was only valid until midnight (thanks to the limitations of the local municipality). As a result, my party was finished by 12:15am, and I finished cleaning up and closing 15 minutes later. Wow -- heading home at 12:30am on Premiere night was quite unusual. But don't think that the fun ended there, my friends. In celebration of our last Premiere in North America, the tour organized a really fun party at the City Museum.

And the following pics prove that plenty o' fun was had by all. Enjoy!

Risky Boy tries a peek-a-boo. He got game!

Not to be outdone, Giggles performs her own peek-a-boo. Well done, gal.

Tower Girl tries to get in my pants -- yet again! The gal just can't help herself. And who can blame her, really. I mean, look how drunk gorgeous I look : )





Things get interesting. Risky Boy gets friendly. Of course, that's after I said to him, "You know, it just isn't a staff party until I awkwardly hit on you and ask if you're ever coming over to the dark side...." His response was a teasing kiss on the cheek and a bump and grind routine.

Our first-ever staff party with Sheila on the team! She rocks! And she's cool enough to request the DJ to play Girls on Film by Duran Duran. Now that is one cool momma.







And our first-ever staff party with Nebraska Girl as an official spouse instead of an employee. But some things never change: she still makes me smile.

And then the questions began. Nebraska Girl's boyfriend asked me why I called him "The Gay Boyfriend" on my blog. My response: "You called yourself that, dumb-ass. I borrowed the phrase from you!" Him: "Well, OK. But I'm a bit insulted." Nebraska Girl (to me): "You know, if you wanted him, he could be all yours right now....." I rest my case -- he'll always be The Gay Boyfriend to me!

Safe and sound. So one of the hardest working people on tour is Feather Boa Girl. She works -- and plays -- hard, and is always good value at a staff party. I walked into the party, she saw me and said thank you for something I did earlier (which was, in fact, simply thanking her for something she did for me that day), and we danced and touched each other's intimate parts inappropriately stuff.

The Driver. This evil-looking babe is anything but. Fun and frivolous, she's a soon-to-depart spouse of one of our awesome Logistics fellas. I've only hung out with her a couple of times, but how much fun is she?!









And there you have it folks: some of the highlights of our party. I bet it felt like being there, didn't it?! It roared until 4:30am, at which point Tower Girl, Giggles, her boyfriend, and I grabbed the shuttle to get home. An entertaining ride later -- thanks to some revealing admissions by Giggles' boyfriend -- we were home and ready to hit the hay.

Luckily, we all have a day off today on account of the fact that the circus is closed!! Imagine it: our last Premiere and Premiere party for our North American tour, and we're blessed with a day off the next day.

Amen, sistah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home