life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Mission: spirit fingers

Get ready to exercise your spirit fingers, readers. I want you to get them spirit fingers happenin' so that your digits are nice and loose and stretched out in preparation for an extended finger-crossin' episode. You know, ya gotta stretch 'em first so they don't cramp.

I got a call today for an interview in Vancouver. I applied for a job a couple of weeks ago that seemed cool and would allow me to go home to a new, slightly different career path. Without going into heart palpitations too many details, I'm pretty excited at the prospect of getting this gig. God knows if it'll actually happen, but I'm stoked to be slated for an interview.

Well, stoked and deserving. I'm bloody good, damnit, and I have to believe that if I'm gonna have the guts to apply for these kinds of jobs any chance to earn a paycheque again.

OK, is everyone ready? Here's your mission: five minutes of spirit fingers to loosen the joints, followed by several days of finger crossin'. My interview is Monday at noon, so you've got a few days to go.

Ready? Let's go!

5 Comments:

  • So, you're flying in and out for the interview (I imagine driving straight through to arrive tired, dirty, smelly and hungry wouldn't be so good...)?

    Good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:14 a.m.  

  • Jas: what makes you think I would be dirty and smelly? Tired and hungry, absolutely! But dirty and smelly? Puh-leeze!

    Actually, it's a phone interview. Luckily, I've become the master of the phone interview in recent times, as my last 6 interviews have all been via the device.

    Fingers crossed!

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 6:29 a.m.  

  • "Slider...sniff, sniff...you stink!"

    Name that 80s movie!

    (fingers crossed)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 p.m.  

  • Spirit Fingers indeed! You know I am onboard uh huh!!
    Ms Hedah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:25 p.m.  

  • Jas: sorry, I'm clueless. No idea what movie it's from. Please enlighten me!

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 6:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home