life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A long way away

After hearing yesterday that I didn't get the job I recently interviewed for, I had to really put some thought into my next move. I mean, I have to find a job -- obviously -- but where the hell do I drive to on October 23? North, South, East or West? That's the immediate concern: where do I head to base myself while I figure out my next steps?

A quick call to good ol' Suzie and the answer was clear. I'm headed back to Vancouver. Well, unless something changes in the next three weeks, that is. Yup, I called Suzie and asked if it would be OK to crash on her couch until I figure out my next steps. And what did Suzie say to me?

First of all, it's not my place. It's ours. You pay rent, too. And secondly, you don't even need to ask, girl. You're more than welcome to stay here. In fact, I was just thinking the other day that I wish Debra were here. Oh my God, we'll have so much fun! Now I won't have to drink alone!!!!

Well, if that wasn't all the encouragement I needed!! It looks like I'm headed West and to my home. Actually, Suzie even sang Go West by the Village People to set the mood.

So West it is. I've got my drive mapped out and it looks something like this: stops in Omaha, Denver, Salt Lake City, Portland, and Vancouver. This may change, but the final itinerary will look something like this. Jeepers, the West Coast is an awfully long way away!!


But in the quest to actually find a new lease on life career, I applied for two new jobs today. The first is an internal job based in Montreal with my current company, and I think it would be a real long shot. Still, I thought that the other job I applied for was a long shot, and I was one of three candidates short-listed and interviewed. So maybe I may also have a shot at this one, too....

The second job I applied for is in Vancouver. I think I'm fairly qualified for it, so it would be cool if I was short-listed. I won't hold my breath, however, as you never know how recruiters' minds think. If it's meant to be, it will happen. And I'll just put my faith in that.

4 Comments:

  • hmm, noticably absent from that itinerary is Atlanta.... How can I recreate the map and somehow make it appear that Atlanta is between St. Louis and Vancouver!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:41 a.m.  

  • Luscious Lorna: funny you should mention that! I wouldn't forget you -- nay, couldn't forget you -- and remind you that I have a free flight coupon that needs to be used up at some point....

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 8:04 a.m.  

  • Penticton is sort of on your way back from portland if you swing thru the mountains and osoyoos!!! There's always a bed here for you in retirementland!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:02 p.m.  

  • Nads: Penticton probably ain't on the agenda this time, as I'm likely going to be focused on gettin' the the coast. Come Summertime, however, I can already taste the Okanagan peaches.

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 7:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home