life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

The first league game: soccer

We had our first soccer game last night in the cold and rain. I played pretty well (considering it was my first game in 4 years!!) and had some good chances on net. I didn't connect with any goals, but was in the thick of several great plays.

My fitness was better than I had expected. I'm still not where I want to be, but playing through the fitness issues will help get me there. Let's just say that when I need to put on a burst of speed to get in the open and take a pass, that's not a problem!

My legs are a tiny bit sore today. Specifically my quads are a bit tight, which isn't a huge surprise after last night. Normally, my quads of steel are immune to pretty much any fatigue and trauma. But last night was cold enough that, once you trotted off the field to sub out, you got cold and tight within minutes. I subbed out in both the first and second haves, so felt it in my quads nearly immediately. Yes, I stretched, but unfortunately, I ain't a youngster anymore : (

We have a fun team, and made a point of going for a post-game beer despite the fact that we all smelled like wet dogs. I think I'm gonna have fun playing in my league again -- yippee! Oh, and we're the blue team, naturally : ) Thank goodness I ain't playing in orange -- it just doesn't bring out the spectacular blue of my eyes!!


Oh ya, and I nearly forgot! We won 4-3 on a late goal. Check out the Blue Team -- we're undefeated!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home