life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Hips don't lie

0-2. That's our record so far in slo-pitch league play. *

Last night we lost another close one, this time to our sister team. We played a bit of a sloppy game, didn't get the bats as crackin' as we needed, and just didn't put it together. I had three fielding errors, went 2-for-3 at bat, scored a run, and had a spectacular double play put-away. I caught a flyball, and then tagged out the baserunner who had led off 1st base and couldn't get back in time. My first-ever double play!!

I'm pissed off about my fielding errors, but that's a simple lack of experience working against me. I need to remember that I had some other great catches to get runners out at 1st, and that (as my coach says) I'm still on the learning curve. But I also really need to work on my batting. It's atrocious! I mean, I got on base twice, but each time with these dribbly little hits that are more akin to a Tykes T-ball game. I'm a big fella, so how come my hitting ain't up to snuff? Aside from the fact that I haven't been at-bat any more than a combined total of 9 times between our one practice game and two league games, I think it's cuz I need to get my hips turning into my swinging motion.

After all, hips don't lie! But mine ain't saying anything at all : (

* My soccer team won on Wednesday by a score of 4-2, so we're 2-0 for the season. I suppose that, combining my slo-pitch team's record and my soccer team's record, it all evens out at 2 wins and 2 losses. I suppose I can live with that : )

Oh ya, just don't ask me about the Canucks game last night. This season is officially over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home