life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Saturday, October 30, 2004

I make your paycheque possible

According to Ten, it's:

"An unmissable new episode of
The OC"

"An emotional opisode of The OC that you won't want to miss."

Eat me.

Celebrity sighting #8: the luscious Matt Shirvington. Great everything. Fun, friendly, fit. What else needs to be said?

What is the deal with the customer-service-forsaken country? Surely I'm not the only one to notice the lack of basic manners in service industry employees, not to mention the complete absence of any kind of in-depth customer service skills. At this point, I'd welcome anything resembling basic decorum. How many times do I have to spend my money in a store, but feel guilty for making the shop attendant pick their feet off the counter and avert their eyes from the TV screen/book they're reading/nothing in particular? Forget about feeling welcomed as a client to their business; forget about feeling like I'm valued; forget about feeling that I might want to actually be greeted with a smile and a friendly attitude; forget about feeling like I might want to hear a cheery, "That will be $4.90 please" instead of a mumbled-and-virtually-incomprehensible "forniney". Forget about all of it, because I now know that I probably ain't gonna get it.

I swear, the next time I have to say, "Have a nice day" to a service industry employeee instead of suffering through the empty space at which point I would expect them to say it to me, I may just lose it. Please remember I'm the client. I make your paycheque possible. And the reality is that I'll likely never return to your place of business again.

Thank you. The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home