life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, December 02, 2004

There are a million stories
in the West Coast city

That West Coast city I know and love as Vancouver delighted and enthralled me during me recent trip. As indicated by my most recent post, I freakin' love that place. Another example to help illustrate why...

I met a nice boy at my friend Patsy's party, and we went out for dinner 3 nights later. He and I seem to share many of the same beliefs and interests, and he’s the only guy who’s ever answered my Standard First Date Question #3 (“What’s the most influential CD you’ve ever listened to?”) with the same answer as me (Touch by the brilliant and iconic Sarah Mclachlan, because it changed forever the way I listened to music; for him, it was simply unlike any other music he’d ever heard). I have no idea what’s in store with this fella -- even if it's just friendship, that's fine -- but boy oh boy it’s nice to feel like there’s potential. How freakin’ long has it been since I felt that?! Certainly since before I moved to Sydney. It’s clear: Vancouver boys rule!

I happened to run into him the next night, and had a nice wee bonus visit at volleyball before flying home. I had sent him a nice e-mail saying how nice it had been to have dinner with him and get to know him a bit better, and he responded in kind. Best part of his e-mail: absolutely perfect spelling and grammar. That's it, I'm hooked : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home