life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Friday, December 31, 2004

No more tirades, no more tiaras

How self-centred can I be? I blog on and on about how I’d like to have someone to have a relationship with; someone to greet me at the airport; someone to share the New Year fireworks with. With hat in hand, I am humbly reminded that I’m among the luckiest people in the world. Think of the millions – nay, billions – of people who don’t have fireworks or airport-greeting worries; who don’t have food or clothing; who are struggling with disease and disadvantages that have been dealt them simply because of where they were born. I'm embarrassed by my tirades and short-sightedness. It's time I took off the tiara and ceased the princess behaviour.

Please spare a thought for those less fortunate than yourself this New Year. The devastation in Southeast Asia has really driven this point home to me tonight. I promise to never again ramble on about how hard-done-by I am. It’s time to remember my abundant blessings.

Happy New Year to everyone reading. I've come to know some very cool people through this blogging experience, and I'm extremely grateful for that. For you guys, and for everyone around this world who is in desperate need, peace and prosperity in 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home