life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Gringo

Latin Fiesta Extravaganza: June 2005

I found this little number at the back of my closet across the street at the costume rental place. Stunning, ain't it?! Let's just say I got a lot of credit for my expression of colour and flowy fabric. Let's be honest -- not everyone could pull this off!

My department at work was organizing the event. Well, not really, cuz an event management company did all the work. But we promoted it among our colleagues on-site. And the promotion poster had pictures of me and all of my cohorts with our Latin names. Mine, naturally, was Rico. Rico Suave.

With that challenge fairly tossed in my face, I clearly had to represent. The consensus seems to be that I did a fine job. I hope you all approve, too.

Ahem...note the fake gold chain as well.

7 Comments:

  • ummmm.....you know there aren't too many blokes out there who could pull off a Toucan top, but you look FABulous if that is any consolation.

    By Blogger epicurist, at 9:51 a.m.  

  • Mucho gusto Rico Suave. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:20 a.m.  

  • SOOOO Hot. Yummy.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:05 p.m.  

  • I never thought a man could pull something like that off...very impressive.

    By Blogger dantallion, at 12:52 p.m.  

  • You need some gold medallions to really complete the picture!!

    I bet I could've pulled that look off - but Chantal probably wouldn't've let me!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:17 p.m.  

  • arriba, arriba!!! Que guapo muchacho! Ricky Martin look out!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 p.m.  

  • Thanks for the comments, everyone. But just to be clear: I wasn't going for hot. Rather, it was the cheese factor that was the ultimate goal.

    So thanks for those of you thought I was hot in my little flamenco outfit. Thanks, and a little warning: consider getting help!

    And Jas, if anyone else besides me could pull this look off, it's most assuredly you. And I'm pretty sure Chantal would let you wear it if you remind her about the charming outfit she wore at her Stagette in Reno!!

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 6:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home