life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Then vs. now

Three years ago today, I was with some amazing friends as we attended the closing ceremonies of the Gay Games in Sydney. The ceremonies themselves were an absolute yawn a bit dull, but the company was outstanding.

And now, three years later to the day...

  • I'm a circus freak, touring Asia-Pacific and living in Hong Kong until December 18
  • I'm missing Vancouver terribly
  • I'm in the process of booking a holiday in early December to Bangkok and Phuket
  • I'm looking forward to the Out Games in July 2006
  • I'm suffering from a minor rash inside my left elbow
  • I'm craving a normal schedule in my life
  • I'm desperate for a stereo so I can play the small collection of CD's that I have with me on tour
  • I'm richer for having met some amazing people over the past 3 years
  • I'm single
  • I'm hooked on Lost, but am still waiting to see the final 2 episodes of the first season (and can't even think about what's already happened in Season #2)
  • and I'm really looking forward to touring the US next year

It's absolutely crazy how things have changed. But one thing remains: I still have this stupid uncanny ability to remember fairly meaningless dates.

3 Comments:

  • Are you suggesting that our anniversary, my birthday and Adam's birthday are "fairly meaningless"?! I prefer to be stunned and amazed by your ability to be present at all the important events of your friends' lives. Bravo, my friend!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:56 a.m.  

  • And we're looking forward to hosting your fine presence here in the states as well. Maybe some of us can then meet you in person and buy you a glass (uh, I mean bottle) (egads, I mean, case) of wine. Where and when will you strike down first?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 a.m.  

  • Jas: uh, let me rephrase.....I tend to remember plenty of extremely significant dates in addition to all the ridiculously meaningless ones : )

    Jeffrey: first stop on the agenda is beautiful San Diego. Can't wait to be back in North American once again!

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 5:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home