life is large. why insist on living small?
live large. expand into the space. realize your potential. follow your dreams.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Easier every time

Set up seems to be getting easier every time. We were a day behind schedule because our tent didn't get set up as early as we had thought. As a result, our carpet was laid a day late and I was worried that we'd be burning the midnight oil getting ready for our training day.

As it turns out, it's all good. In fact, Nurse Girl said to me today, "I feel like we're forgetting something. Until we get the black velvet drapes back, there's really nothing left to do..." And it was true -- we were pretty much done. A few small details to finish up, for sure. But the big stuff is in the bag.

Tomorrow: finish up those final details, train our staff, continue working with the caterers as they finish their set up.

Thursday: Premiere night, followed by the Premiere Party.

And some amazing news today!! Even though the web doesn't yet mention it, our Ottawa site has been revealed. And, despite my total-shot-in-the-dark guess of a site out West near the Corel Centre and my parents' place, it's in a much more geographically desirable locale. I can't say where it is exactly, but rest assured it's central and it'll be good. Less than 7 months til we have our Ottawa Premiere!

2 Comments:

  • Oooh!ooh! Do tell! Is it Lebreton Flats (that was the rumour in the paper last week)? And can we get into the VIP lounge?!

    BTW, my Canada still includes Brackendale, as well! I've got the Chief and Pique websites bookmarked to stay in touch and we took the signed doors with us -they're now in the basement in Stittsville awaiting an unveiling in a more appropriate location (negotiations with Chantal pending!).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:29 a.m.  

  • Jas: I was under the impression that LeBreton Flats was no longer available because of the new museum that was built there. But no matter, cuz it's not LeBreton Flats. It's a location I wouldn't have expected at all -- close to the canal, on one of the landmark streets in Ottawa, and near the Queensway. Sounds like a winner to me.

    Oh, and I'm sure you'll be able to get into the VIP lounge. I have connections : )

    By Blogger just call me jeff, at 6:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home